About MoveFast LLC
Love Japanese snacks? Love kawaii culture? Want a career centered in otaku culture? Become part of the team at MoveFast!
We share the latest Japanese pop culture through snacks and kawaii merchandise, and we recently launched a new service which lets anyone experience playing authentic Japanese arcade machines online.
We currently cater to subscribers and players in over 103 countries around the world.
Our sites include:
- Meritocracy, hardworking, and data-driven!
- Our company consists of 60% international and 40% Japanese staffs.
- We frequently host social events:
- Game nights (i.e. Mario Kart competition, multiplayer Bomberman, board games)
- Beer pongs and karaoke nights
- Monthly nomikai drinking nights
- Fun activities, i.e. hanami in the spring, BBQ in the summer, yakatabune, bowling, etc.
- Full visa sponsorship (We encourage applicants from abroad to apply as well! You’ll work remotely until your visa can be processed.)
- Japanese Social Insurance, health care, pension plan package included.
- Family benefit package (i.e. wedding bonus and holiday, baby birth bonus and holiday, bereavement leave and condolence benefit, etc).
- 10 days paid holidays.
- 5 day work week (Mon-Fri). Holiday on Sat/Sun and public Japanese holidays.
- Commute fee allowance.
- All-you-can-eat Japanese snacks and drinks (i.e. Kitkat, Pocky, Ramunes)!
Our response to COVID-19
We encourage our developers to work remotely and will reinstate working on-site according to the Japanese government guidance. We regularly monitor our employees’ health status and encourage them to take a rest when feeling unwell. Our workplace is sanitized frequently and we provide masks and necessary sanitary equipment on-site.
We’re still hiring overseas candidates, but anticipate it will take on average 6 months to process the visa. We are encouraging our candidates to work remotely first while your visa is being processed.
About the position
- Design, build and maintain applications for the Android platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Maintain code quality, organization, and performance
- Thoroughly test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years Android development experience
- Proficient with Kotlin and Material Design
- Experience connecting Android applications to back-end APIs
- Strong understanding of Google’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Strong understanding of architecture patterns in Kotlin
- Experience with threading, benchmarking and performance optimization
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning with Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Experience with socket integration for real-time communication
Nice to Haves
- Experience with OpenCV or any image processing libraries
- Experience with iOS Development
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Interest in networking and IoT devices