About MoveFast LLC
Love Japanese snacks? Love kawaii culture? Want a career centered in otaku culture? Become part of the team at MoveFast!
We share the latest Japanese pop culture through snacks and kawaii merchandise, and we recently launched a new service which lets anyone experience playing authentic Japanese arcade machines online.
We currently cater to subscribers and players in over 103 countries around the world.
Our sites include:
- Meritocracy, hardworking, and data-driven!
- Our company consists of 60% international and 40% Japanese staffs.
- We frequently host social events:
- Game nights (i.e. Mario Kart competition, multiplayer Bomberman, board games)
- Beer pongs and karaoke nights
- Monthly nomikai drinking nights
- Fun activities, i.e. hanami in the spring, BBQ in the summer, yakatabune, bowling, etc.
- Full visa sponsorship (We encourage applicants from abroad to apply as well! You’ll work remotely until your visa can be processed.)
- Japanese Social Insurance, health care, pension plan package included.
- Family benefit package (i.e. wedding bonus and holiday, baby birth bonus and holiday, bereavement leave and condolence benefit, etc).
- 10 days paid holidays.
- 5 day work week (Mon-Fri). Holiday on Sat/Sun and public Japanese holidays.
- Commute fee allowance.
- All-you-can-eat Japanese snacks and drinks (i.e. Kitkat, Pocky, Ramunes)!
Our response to COVID-19
We partner with Japan Post to deliver our boxes. As any Japanese e-commerce catering to customers abroad, our logistics are heavily impacted due to the Japan Post suspensions. Lots of the recent dev work has focused on integrating with alternative carriers and logistics systems.
We are doing a full remote for everyone, encouraging all employees to keep a check on health status and take a rest when feeling unwell. Our workplace is sanitized frequently and we provide masks and necessary sanitary equipment on-site.
We’re still hiring overseas candidates, but anticipate it will take on average 3 months to process the visa. We are encouraging our candidates to work remotely first while visa is being processed.
About the position
We are looking for someone who can help our team of engineers to develop both backend and frontend system requirements. Our team has been expanding rapidly in recent years, so someone who loves to work in a fast-paced environment would be preferred. Your primary focus is to maintain and build new features in Ruby on Rails, while sharing and contributing to our culture of continuous learning.
- Understand product goals and feature requests and translate them into working software
- Support team members through code review and architecture decisions
- Write tests that validate the stability and correctness of implementations
- Handle refactorings with both bravery and care
Skills And Qualifications
- 2+ years of full-stack Rails development experience
- Strong testing methodology with RSpec or similar.
- Strong understanding of front-end technologies, such as React or Vue
- Strong understanding of OOP and/or functional programming
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code.
- Willingness to learn and experiment with new technology (e.g: GraphQL, Node.js, etc.)
- Efficient time management skill
Nice to have
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile development team
- Development experience with TypeScript
- DevOps experience managing cloud infrastructure and/or IoT devices