Nanameue’s mission is to create a place where you belong. We have several products, including Yay!, an app that lets you talk to friends of the same age, about the same interests and likes, DataWow, a data management platform combining AI and human power, and Posmoni, a content moderation API platform combining AI and human power.
Team of professionals
Don’t be a big fish in a small pond, get to know the vast ocean! Our international team of professionals in diverse fields are hard at work in Tokyo. Their cooperative, humble approach will support your development.
Giving our best
You will be surrounded by people who are not satisfied with the status quo and have high expectations. By incorporating the latest technology and working diligently, new models are constantly being created. Give your best to create a better world.
Free and open
Each member has their own responsibilities and freedoms based on their positions. Thus, an environment for making a big impact with a small team is achieved.
A global company
Half of the employees, whose average age is 26, do not speak Japanese. The common tools are all in English, which is the official company language. We promise a career with a global outlook.
- Competitive salary and bonus plus standard social security insurance
- Re-location assistance to help you start your life in Tokyo including first-time airfare to Tokyo and put you in AirBNB for a few weeks while you searching for the dream house.
- Unquestionable for any gears that you want, MBP, large screen even good chair (unfortunately, pajamas are not included; though, we trying to get it approved soon)
- Free snacks, fresh fruits, and drinks of course!
- Train fare or if you lived near the office, we even give 20k JPY monthly for your house
- Company paid for 50% of your new mobile device every year
- We help you pay for books, language course, fitness membership, conference ticket, and even paid apps
Our response to COVID-19
Our business hasn’t been directly impacted by COVID-19. We’ve been working fully remotely, but are moving back to the office, with a policy for social distancing and mask wearing. For international candidates looking to relocate to Japan, we can hire you remotely first until the travel restrictions are lifted, then we will begin the visa process.
About the position
With more than 30 million installations of Nanameue’s applications, you’ll have fun improving and creating apps that a lot of people love to use. Moreover, you will have a chance to help train their junior developers to be better and create even better products. Their team is small yet highly performing, and with their high attention to detail, they can keep pushing out more products and delivering value to their users tirelessly.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Develop mobile applications (Android using Java and Kotlin)
- Develop test specs and approach for the application
- Involve management and business in product development process
- Fix any issues that may arise that are tracked by error management tools such as Fabric
- Code review and growing junior developers
- Help contribute and create best practices for the team
- Consult the CEO and CTO on application implementation design
To be considered for this position, you should meet about 70% of the following.
- 3 years of object-oriented software development experience
- 3 years building applications for Android devices using Kotlin (and Java)
- Experience designing a clean and maintainable codebase
- Experience with multithreading programming
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Knowledge of Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Good knowledge of Git version control system
- Knowledge in Reactive Pattern e.g. Rx Java
- Japanese or Thai language ability
- Good iOS coding skills. If you can code both iOS and Android, you’ll be considered first.