Nature Inc. utilizes internet and sensor technology to disseminate distributed power sources and create a future where energy can be self-sufficient. Our flagship product, Nature Remo, which allows people to control household appliances such as air conditioners, TVs, and robot vacuum cleaners through their smartphones or smart speakers is Japan’s top smart remote, with more than 300,000 units sold so far.
Our newest iteration, Nature Remo 3, includes sensors for temperature, humidity, lighting and movement, and with our app, you can automate things like turning on your air conditioner when you get near to your home.
In 2021, we will launch our electricity retail business, Nature Smart Electricity, and have been selected by Google for Startups as a startup that leads the way in solving social issues with technology. In the future, we will create a new future for electric power by building the next generation of electric power infrastructure, evolving from home automation to a digital power revolution.
Looking to become even more international and diverse
Our team currently has three international members and twenty Japanese ones. We’re specifically looking to increase our diversity by hiring more international members, and though we’re only accepting candidates already based in Japan, no Japanese ability is required, as we can communicate internally in English. (Those who are willing to learn Japanese are more than welcome.)
Full of internationally minded Japanese
Our Japanese members tend to have international experience. Some examples:
- Haruumi, our CEO studied in the US (MBA at Harvard) and Sweden (MSc CompSci at KTH), interned in India, and worked on projects across Asia.
- Megumi, working in HR, studied in Ireland for half a year.
- Daichi, a hardware engineer, worked in the US for several years.
- Ryo, working in marketing, lived in South Africa for several years.
Our response to COVID-19
With COVID-19, we are currently working fully remotely. We may increase the number of days we come to the office depending on how the situation progresses.
We start with a casual chat to make sure we’re a good fit for each other, then move on to the first interview, after which you’ll be interviewed by the VP of Software Development, and then finally the CEO.
About the position
As part of the team, you will specialize in developing new features of Nature Remo app using your creativity, technical and problem-solving skills. You will work closely with engineers and designers to maintain and develop the app environment to support the increasing number of users. As an iOS/Android Developer, you will also play a critical role in developing the next generation of Nature apps that will shape the future of energy.
Who You Are:
- You are not afraid of challenges and ready to work on problems outside of your area of expertise.
- You are highly self-motivated and able to work independently.
- You have empathy for Nature’s vision and products.
- You have working experience with developing mobile applications.
- You have a strong mindset for quality and attention to detail.
- You already live in Japan.
- 3+ years of experience in iOS and Android Development
- Strong knowledge of Swift, Kotlin, Java or React Native.
- Experience in the development of IoT products.