Nature Inc. utilizes internet and sensor technology to disseminate distributed power sources and create a future where energy can be self-sufficient. Our flagship product, Nature Remo, which allows people to control household appliances such as air conditioners, TVs, and robot vacuum cleaners through their smartphones or smart speakers is Japan’s top smart remote, with more than 300,000 units sold so far.
Our newest iteration, Nature Remo 3, includes sensors for temperature, humidity, lighting and movement, and with our app, you can automate things like turning on your air conditioner when you get near to your home.
In 2021, we will launch our electricity retail business, Nature Smart Electricity, and have been selected by Google for Startups as a startup that leads the way in solving social issues with technology. In the future, we will create a new future for electric power by building the next generation of electric power infrastructure, evolving from home automation to a digital power revolution.
Looking to become even more international and diverse
Our team currently has three international members and twenty Japanese ones. We’re specifically looking to increase our diversity by hiring more international members, and though we’re only accepting candidates already based in Japan, no Japanese ability is required, as we can communicate internally in English. (Those who are willing to learn Japanese are more than welcome.)
Full of internationally minded Japanese
Our Japanese members tend to have international experience. Some examples:
- Haruumi, our CEO studied in the US (MBA at Harvard) and Sweden (MSc CompSci at KTH), interned in India, and worked on projects across Asia.
- Megumi, working in HR, studied in Ireland for half a year.
- Daichi, a hardware engineer, worked in the US for several years.
- Ryo, working in marketing, lived in South Africa for several years.
Work fully remotely
We’ve introduced the option to work fully remotely for all engineering positions.
We start with a casual chat to make sure we’re a good fit for each other, then move on to the first interview, after which you’ll be interviewed by the VP of Software Development, and then finally the CEO.
About the position
We are looking for a UX designer who can enhance customers’ experiences by improving the usability and providing value to Nature Remo users. You will lead the entire user experience of the Nature Remo app through user research and analysis, design of user interfaces and development of processes. Depending on your preferences, you will also be able to work on a wide range of projects, including branding, creating advertising materials and commercial videos.
- Take responsibility for the entire design process of the Nature Remo app
- Craft and implement UX research to help drive the design strategy
- Create and conduct user testing and interviews to gather deep understanding of user needs
- Analyze customer responses to translate data into customer-driven user experiences
- Work closely with design, engineering and other cross-functional teams to ensure holistic implementation of designs
Who You Are
- You are not afraid of challenges and ready to work on problems outside of your area of expertise.
- You are highly self-motivated and able to work independently.
- You have empathy for Nature’s vision and products.
- You have working experience as a UX designer.
- You have a strong mindset for quality and attention to detail.
- You already live in Japan.
- At least 5 years of work experience in UX design
- Experience in collaboration with cross-functional teams and project management
- In-depth understanding of human-centered design and design thinking methods
- Experience in the development of IoT products.
- Experience working in a fast-growing start-up environment
- Experience in crafting qualitative and quantitative research methods and analyzing gathered data