The energy industry is undergoing the largest transformation since industrialisation at an unprecedented rate of change and we are positioning ourselves to be at the heart of that change.
Our aim is to be the leading global provider of solutions that enable customers to release £30bn of value per annum from distributed energy resources (DERs). We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business with a global addressable market of £2.4 billion per annum, by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of DERs with energy markets.
We have already attained a market leading position and KrakenFlex is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the industry. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
As we enter the stage of rapid commercialisation and customer account growth, we have a number of exciting new offerings to launch to customers. We’re looking for an exceptional person to help us continuously deliver features that provide value to our customers.
Our ideal engineer would be an individual who loves to engage with interesting software problems, with an interest in full-stack development and the passion to build and shape the future within a collaborative, community-based environment. We operate a highly agile development approach, giving wide scope to be involved with hands-on system-design, test driven development, deployment and operations.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable & reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, reliability and quality of the KrakenFlex platform
- Contribute to development across the entire stack from the front end down to the infrastructure that the platform runs on
- Contribute to the software engineering culture here at KrakenFlex
- Collaborate regularly with colleagues with many different professional specialities to create innovative solutions that delight our customers and colleagues
- Work as part of a team of engineers, regularly seeking feedback and growing your skills as technical professionals.
- In depth industry experience in software development & design
- Proven experience in one of the following: Typescript, Node.Js
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud providers, and serverless technologies e.g. AWS Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, API Gateway
- A drive to get things done in a collaborative, agile development environment
- A proven ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- CSS/SASS or React
- Experience developing, securing or operating cloud scale applications or infrastructure; ideally terraform or cloudformation
- Familiarity with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes etc) and passion for improving the way cloud applications are built
If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.