We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of distributed energy resources (DERs) with energy markets.
As we enter the stage of rapid commercialisation and customer account growth, we have a number of exciting new offerings to launch to customers. We’re looking for an exceptional person to help us continuously deliver features that provide value to our customers.
Our ideal engineer would be an individual who loves to engage with interesting software problems, with an interest in full-stack development and the passion to build and shape the future within a collaborative, community-based environment.
We operate a highly agile development approach, giving wide scope to be involved with hands-on system-design, test driven development, deployment and operations.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable & reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, reliability and quality of the Upside platform
- Contribute to development across the entire stack from the front end down to the infrastructure that the platform runs on
- Contribute to the software engineering culture here at KrakenFlex
- Collaborate regularly with colleagues with many different professional specialities to create innovative solutions that delight our customers and colleagues
- Work as part of a team of engineers, regularly seeking feedback and growing your skills as a technical professional.
- Significant industry experience in software development & design
- Proven experience in one or more of the following: Typescript or Node.Js
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud providers, or serverless technologies e.g. AWS Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, API Gateway
- A drive to get things done in a collaborative, agile development environment
- A proven ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- CSS/SASS or React
- Experience developing, securing or operating cloud scale applications or infrastructure; ideally terraform or cloudformation
- Familiarity with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes etc) and passion for improving the way cloud applications are built