About Orb, Inc
Similar to the way the web has democratized information for users worldwide, our goal is to democratize payments, loyalty, and smart contracts for businesses and consumers by developing the next generation of decentralized computing products. We believe in hiring smart people and getting out of their way. We are a young, lean, internationally-minded seed-round startup with a talented, close-knit team based in Tokyo, Japan. We keep meetings to a minimum and all eyes focused on our innovative product development and market adaptation.
About the position
We’re looking for software engineer to work on our business products which needs to be massively distributed and scalable.
As a software engineer, you will design and implement key features and components of our technology, which is a robust and scalable data platform based on the state-of-the-art technologies.
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience with a solid understanding of computer science (algorithms, data structures etc.), acquired either in school or at work
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Strong systems programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Go, C, C++, Rust
- Experience designing and building systems that scale
- Performance analysis and/or performance optimization experience
- Willing to help and mentor team members
Nice to have:
- Ph.D in Computer Science specializing distributed systems, database internal systems or related studies
- Strong experience in DLT and Blockchain such as HyperLedger fabric, Ethereum, Corda
- Experience in distributed database systems such as Cassandra
- Experience with large data sets and parallel data processing systems such as Spark or Hadoop a plus
¥6,000,000 to ¥9,000,000 annually.