PACE is an InsurTech startup using proprietary technology to transform Life Insurance companies in mature markets that have suffered from outdated IT system. Obsolete technology and data frameworks are operationally cumbersome and have limited Insurers’ ability to innovate, while negatively impacting policyholders’ benefits, security, and experiences. PACE has been founded with the following objectives:
- PACE simplifies Life Insurance consolidation, by injecting technology into in-force portfolios.
- We manage consolidations more efficiently. We do not seek to acquire new premiums. We only invest in technology to cater for existing customers.
- Our focus on in-force Life Insurance blocks and management of data allows us to reshape Life Insurance policy management and leads to distinct growth opportunities.
Be a member of an early stage startup
We have 6 employees in our team, and 3 of them are in the engineering team. Enjoy being an early member of a start-up: more opportunities to learn, flexible hours, unique experience, minimal supervision and opportunities for innovation.
We’re flexible on remote work, but you’ll need to be based out of Kobe
We’re establishing our Japanese entity in Kobe to take advantage of their subsidy system. As part of this, we’ll need you to be a registered resident of Kobe. The timing of this is flexible, so you don’t need to be living there when you apply to join us. Apart from that, the position will likely have some balance of working remotely and from our office in Kobe.
Our response to COVID-19
As a new startup, we haven’t defined any specific measures around COVID-19 yet, but are flexible in working together with our employees to provide a safe working environment.
About the position
As the Technical Manager, you will be working closely with PACE Co-Founders and Technology Team to lead the developments of various software solutions.
- Become an early member of a start-up with promising development prospects.
- Lead technical reviews and take on complex technical work.
- Put technical documentation and procedures in place.
- Oversee team performance and provide feedback.
- 7+ years of working experience developing web applications including front-end.
- Strong hands-on experience in Java Spring Boot.
- Experience leading technical development and performing technical reviews.
- Relevant educational background.
- Entrepreneurship spirits are mandatory: self-driven and self-disciplined. passion for excellence and innovation, be the owner and the solution.
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Low Code development, Azure Cloud, NoSQL, or blockchain experience.
- Life insurance sector knowledge.
Our target salary range is roughly between 10-18 million yen. We also offer an early equity incentive upside.