We are looking for a generalist engineer who will work with our existing team of engineers to grow and expand our platform.
Your role and responsibilities
You will join an existing team to build and support market information databases used by “Grid@Cryptact”. This involves gathering a large amount of data, transforming and delivering them, with appropriate technologies. You will also be engaged in discussion with full-stack developers/business analysts of the Grid system to find out their market data requirements. Depending on your area of interest to grow, the role has occasions to talk with external data vendors to source and investigate new datasets.
How you work - a typical workflow
You will talk with business analysts and Grid web developers about what kind of feature will help our clients, and define data requirements to achieve the goal. Your ideas and creativity to enhance our platform are pretty much welcomed here.
Once we decide what to do, you will then analyze how to obtain the data. If it needs a new data source, you’ll investigate where it can be obtained, and write a python script or Scala program to feed the data into our database on a regular basis. If it is calculated from the existing data we have, you may create a microservice or batch job to do the calculation. Finally, you will write an API in Scala for the web developers to access the data you prepared. You may have several interactions with the developer to refine the design of the API.
Sometimes you will need to look into existing data streams for possible issues, and come up with a better solution for efficiency.
Skills and qualifications we look for
- Professional development experience in Python or Scala, using RDBMS(Postgresql, Mysql)
- Experience in the entire SDLC process including client requirement analysis
- Being flexible and agile as required in most startup companies
- A good team worker and a good communicator
Preferred skills and qualifications
While not required, tell us if you have experience with any of the following.
- Professional experience in the financial industry where quality and security are important
- Business level Japanese
- NoSQL/Kafka/AWS (any one of them, to help the other projects)
- Experience in recent development tools such as Docker, GitHub, CircleCI, Slack
- Willingness to learn Scala or Python if you are new to them.