PayPay is looking for DB-Ops engineers who work with databases at scale on mission critical systems.
- Database operations, including monitoring, configuration management, upgrade, scaling, backup, and data migration
- Iterate on database operations to improve quality and efficiency
- Troubleshoot stability and performance problems
- Contribute to documentation for communicating knowledge, experience and for effective decision-making
- Research and test new tools in database ecosystems, and adopt them in PayPay
- Python, Shell, Go, SQL, PL/SQL
- Aurora, MySQL, ElasticSearch(ELK), TiDB
- GitHub, Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, Flyway
- Newrelic, Grafana, Prometheus
- Slack, Zoom, Jira, Confluence
- Hands-on experience with MySQL operation
- More than 1.5 years of AWS experience
- Hands-on experience with Infra as Code (IaC)
- Interested in new technologies and willing to improve operational quality and efficiency
- Familiar with shell and programming language for scripting(Python, Go etc.)
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience in automating operations related to Database or AWS
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
- Working experience in a full remote environment
- Experience in operating distributed systems
- Experience working with NoSQL or NewSQL databases (like TiDB)
7 to 12 million JPY annually.