At PayPay, we’re constantly working on improving our systems and processes to support PayPay’s exponential growth. As a DevOps engineer at PayPay, we strive towards empowering our developers with the right tools to deliver high quality applications continuously so that our users can have a great experience with our services.
Considering PayPay’s growth, we are looking for experienced DevOps engineers who can deliver insights into application quality, ensure that CI/CD processes are stable, efficient and scalable, and maximize the productivity of our developers, while increasing the number of services that our company offers.
Specifically, we are looking for someone who can bring informed and unique viewpoints, enjoys collaborating with cross-functional teams and is actively pushing boundaries to develop scalable and sustainable solutions and positive user experiences.
- Build software and solutions for teams to optimize SDLC
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality and velocity of deployments
- Implement industry best practices to improve the developer productivity
- Analyze current technologies used in the company and develop steps to improve application quality
- Manage a developer portal to promote active collaboration among developers
- Ensure seamless flow of information between teams by documenting knowledge gained
- Be up to date on modern technologies and trends to advocate for inclusion within products if they add value
- Good understanding of DevOps concepts and implementation
- CI/CD implementation and automation expertise
- Experience in docker image management and optimizations
- Experience in operating Kubernetes and managing manifests
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Strong coding skills and 2+ years of software development experience in high level languages such as Python, Java, etc.
- Proactive in identifying problems and improvements related to automation
- Strong commitment to getting things done
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude
- Keen on trying new technologies and taking up challenges
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Knowledge about Microservices
- Experience in Java / Kotlin application development with Gradle
- Knowledge and experience in operating developer portal services such as Backstage
- Experience in TypeScript development with React
- System design experience for large distributed systems
- Terraform/cloud formation experience
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS
7 to 14 million JPY annually.