- Lead and manage a team of QA engineers and QA managers responsible for the timely and quality delivery of a given product or project.
- Fully responsible for promoting team processes and maximizing team’s productivity and performance.
- Support your team members in delivering daily tasks and help them prioritize when needed. Make decisions based on changing business priorities.
- Drive your team to achieve shared goals. Implement a “Get Things Done” attitude in the team.
- Encourage and facilitate the team discussions of improvement opportunities for QA processes and standardizations. Regularly follow up the progress of improvement actions with team members.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal stakeholders across Product Divisions as well as within the QA team.
- Continuously develop and update the team mission, strategy, and roadmap of your team. Present them to the entire QA team and key internal stakeholders.
- Define roles and responsibilities of QA members of your team. Engaged in the development and growth of the overall team competences throughout regular study sessions, QA skill workshops, regular 1on1, and team retrospectives.
- Responsible for the performance evaluation and feedback of team members.
- Plan future resource requirements and actively contribute to the hiring efforts of the entire QA team.
- At least 2 years of experience in team management and people management.
- Experience in working for system development (incl. Agile development) as a QA engineer, QA manager or project manager in the IT/Web industry.
- Proven track record of project management. Experience in delivery and resource management under a fast-paced agile development team.
- Ability to understand and analyze technical specifications. Experience in designing test cases.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and QA tools, such as ALM, TestRail, TestLink, QASymphony, etc Experience in developing the standardization of QA process and methodology, and/or proposing improvement in QA processes
- Familiar with test automation process and tools, such as Selenium, UFT, Load Runner, etc.
- Experience in leading QA projects by coordinating with vendor partners and other internal stakeholders.
- Able to maintain high-performance within a high-energy and fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent oral, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Business proficiency in English is required.
Nice to haves
While not specifically required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Japanese language ability
- ISTQB or equivalent certificate
- Experience in testing smartphone applications
- Experience in managing System Testing and Acceptance Testing
- Experience in system development within finance and/or payment industry.
- Experience in proposing and introducing new QA tools in test processes.
- Experience in running and maintaining automated test cases for mobile apps, web apps, or APIs.
- Experience in using one of following frameworks/tools - Appium for mobile apps , Selenium for web-based apps, or unirest/Rest Assured for API’s.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins, Bitrise and any other.
- Knowledge of performance tests and/or other types of non-functional tests.
7 to 14 million JPY annually.