PayPay is looking for a Platform Engineer to work on our payment system to deliver the best payment experience for our customers.
The mission of our SRE team (which we call “Platform team” at PayPay) is to build and architect stable infrastructure so that we can provide secure service to all the customers with our highest speed. Our number of transactions as well as users have been increasing day by day since our first product release. The infrastructure/system must be capable of scale-out, and we need to always consider room for the growth. Since Paypay’s system is highly mission-critical, handling payment solutions - our top priority for the system is to be able to provide stable service.
From risk-hedging perspective, it is important to assure our infrastructure is maintained properly with a high level of usability so that even if our resources fail instances get down, we can continue our service. Our current phase is not yet a “maintenance” phase - as a platform engineer, you will be required to architect the whole system in a scalable manner while with employing a variety of technologies.
Architect, maintain and tune our PayPay infra system with the following tech domains:
We rotate roles and responsibilities among those tech stacks, and you will be able to experience a wide range of technologies.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional administration experience with at least one or few of the following:
- RDS (e.g. MySQL, Aurora)
- NoSQL (e.g. Redis, Elasticsearch, Cassandra)
- MQ (e.g. Kafka)
- Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience with one or more configuration management tools, such as Terraform, Ansible
- Motivated to work with the platform and infrastructure for modern system using micro-service architecture
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Contribution to open source projects
7 to 13.5 million JPY annually.