- To drive value-added product improvements by engineering systems founded on a scientific understanding of user and merchant behavior
- Our scope of work spans engineering, product science, data science, machine learning, statistical inference, optimization, and BI analytics
- Research, design, and build machine learning systems for prediction, recommendation, and automation
- Execute the key phases of the ML lifecycle including data extraction, exploratory data analysis, data preparation, model development and training, model evaluation and validation, and model serving
- Build monitoring tools and pipelines for automated training and deployment
- Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, product managers, and stakeholders to build robust production systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and/or Japanese
- More than five years of experience as a data scientist, machine learning engineer, or equivalent role
- Experience in at least one primary language (e.g., Java, Scala, Python) and SQL (any variant)
- Experience in one or more machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Theano, etc.
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Machine Learning, or equivalent
- More than seven years of experience as a data scientist, machine learning engineer, or equivalent role
- Experience building and maintaining microservices
- Experience with Big Data technologies like BigQuery, Spark, Hadoop, AWS Redshift, Kafka, or Kinesis streaming
- Experience with AWS services such as Glue, SageMaker, Athena, and S3
- Extensive knowledge and work experience in recommendation systems, deep learning, NLP, and optimization
- Experience maintaining data security and privacy
- Expertise in MLOps frameworks, CI/CD pipelines, and automation
9 to 13 million JPY annually.