PayPay’s growth is driving a rapid expansion of PayPay product teams and the need for a Technical Program Manager to drive more features to deliver and accelerate further growth. PayPay applies different SDLC methodologies to develop our products, continuously tailoring them aligning the company’s strategies to pursue the speed. A successful candidate will drive the product team’s product workup and delivery, as well as foster the advanced agile culture that fits PayPay’s speed and scale of the company by establishing a new better PayPay product delivery life cycle.
- Embrace and promote agile values, principles and practices across teams, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Implement and customize SDLC Frameworks in line with the industry best practices and organizational strategies, adapting them as needed for specific product delivery cycles
- Support the growth of Agile maturity at the team level, while also contributing to scaling Agile maturity across the division
- Manage the execution of multiple projects, optimizing output and ensuring timely delivery.
- Proactively identify and resolve impediments to project progress, helping the team achieve high performance and productivity
- Serve as a key communication link for cross-functional engineering teams, effectively tracking and reporting project status, progress, issues, schedules and risk to relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate and facilitate regular meetings with stakeholders to ensure optimal value output and maintain alignment across teams.
- Encourage collaboration and maintain visibility and transparency between teams, aligning with the division goals and objectives.
- Support the administration and improvement of tasks management tools to streamline project management processes.
- Strong experience with SRE principles and practices, such as monitoring, alerting, incident management, capacity planning, and error budgeting
- Deep understanding of infrastructure components and technologies, including networking, storage, compute, and virtualization
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure providers, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP and their respective services and tools.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IAC) tools, such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or ARM templates to automate infrastructure provisioning and management
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenShift, to manage and scale applications
- Proficiency with configuration management tools, for maintaining and automating infrastructure configurations
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, and tools, such as jenkins, gitlab, CI or Azure Devops, for automating and streamlining the software development and deployment processes.
- Understanding of security best practices and compliance and standards relevant to the infrastructures domain, including data encryption, network security, and access management
- Familiarity with performance monitoring and analysis tools, such as Grafana, or Datadog to track the system health and detect issues proactively
- Strong problem-solving and root cause analysis, with the ability to identify and address infrastructure and SRE related issues effectively.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work closely with various stakeholders, including developers, operations teams, and product managers to align goals and deliverables
- Proven track record of leading complex, cross functional projects and delivering infrastructure and SRE improvements on time and within budget
- Experience in Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban or Safe and using tools like JIRA for project management.
- Continuous learning mindset to stay updated with the latest trends and technologies in infrastructure and SRE, ensuring the team’s approach remains relevant and effective.
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Scrum Master Certification such as CSM, A-CMS, CSP-SM or agile related certification such as SAFe, PMI-ACP.
- Japanese ability.
10 to 16 million JPY annually.