Peatix is a global event registration platform that provides event organizers with powerful tools to create, promote, manage and sell out events of all sizes. Launched in 2011 in Japan, Peatix is now headquartered in New York and has expanded into Singapore and Malaysia. We have enabled more than 850,000 events, and have more than 5 million users globally.
Connecting people around the world
At Peatix, we believe we can make a great positive impact by making it easier for people to meet with each other and strengthen their communities. By helping organizers create more and more diverse events for more and more diverse groups of people, we hope to connect people around the world and let people understand each other.
A diverse team
Peatix is made up of people of a number of different nationalities and backgrounds. We will continue to be a company that embraces diversity and look forward to applications from people from various backgrounds and lifestyles. Peatix will not discriminate against Peatix employees or applicants based on their age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other differences.
About the position
Peatix is looking for a Mobile Engineer to join our team. You’ll work with product managers and designers to maintain, implement, and support features for our iOS app.
- Write robust, maintainable code for Peatix’s mobile native apps.
- This role is focussed on the iOS app, but we encourage engineers to work together across platforms.
- Work with backend engineers to design appropriate APIs for the mobile native apps to interact with.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the codebase, as well as refactor and improve it.
- Contribute technical knowledge to conversations about the direction of Peatix’s mobile native apps.
- Review code developed by the mobile native apps team.
- Design and create systems to develop, test, deploy, and monitor code.
- Provide emergency support (service outages, etc.) if required.
- You have experience building native applications for iOS in Swift.
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- You have experience working with Git and/or GitHub.
- You have experience designing and writing tests.
- You’re familiar with Swift development best practices and app architecture patterns.
- You have experience developing Android applications.
- You have experience designing APIs.
- You can communicate in conversational level Japanese or above.