Peatix is looking for an Engineering Manager to help lead our Front End engineering team. In collaboration with the strategy and product engineering teams, and taking input from across Peatix, you’ll be responsible for the team developing and maintaining the Front End apps used by Peatix organizers and attendees.
We know that diversity brings value to our teams and our products, so it’s important to us that we create and maintain an environment where every individual feels safe to bring their unique perspective to the problems we’re solving. We want that to be important to you too.
Job descriptions can never fully capture what we need, and you might be a great fit even if you don’t meet all the qualifications. If you’d like to work with community minded humans and take pride in, and responsibility for, your work then drop us a line: we want to meet you.
- Manage a remote and diverse team and help create a safe environment where they are empowered to display a strong sense of ownership, and support for each other.
- Conduct regular 1:1s with members of the team and provide feedback to help them with their career growth and development.
- Be responsible for planning, execution, and success of important technical projects, as well as ensuring there’s a shared understanding across the team.
- Hire engineers that can support Peatix’s continued growth and support them so that they are comfortable contributing to Peatix.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Peatix code base.
- Provide emergency support (service outages, etc.) by participating in our on-call rotation.
- Contribute technical knowledge to conversations about Peatix’s direction.
- Mentor team members and review their code.
- Plan and execute improvements to the scalability and performance of the Peatix Front End Engineering.
- You’ll be working with a distributed team, so there is an emphasis on being a strong verbal and written communicator.
- You have the ability to empathize and work with a diverse range of colleagues.
- You understand the value of documenting and gradually enforcing best practices.
- You have experience developing team strategy and roadmaps.
- You’re well-versed in front end application development
- You have familiarity with distributed systems in a production environment.
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- You’ve helped teams and organizations scale successfully, both culturally and technically.