PlayBrain is looking for a front-end engineer for Taiyoro, our Japanese eSports information website and web tools to support streaming of eSports tournaments. Taiyoro is developing as a core foundation to the Japanese esports culture, and an engineer joining the team will have the opportunity to help create a strong future for esports in Japan. In addition, you will also be involved in the development of client projects making websites for gaming related promotions and campaigns. The team works mostly in English, with some Japanese. Remote Work and Flex Time are available for suitable candidates.
- Front-end coding for eSports information website and web tool to support streaming of eSports tournaments
- Issue management, version control, and code review using Gitlab
- Teamwork skills (mainly communication skills)
- Write tests that validate the stability and correctness of implementations
- Handle refactorings with care
- 3+ years of frontend development experience using modern frontend frameworks such as React/Next.js
- Deep understanding of CSS, HTML and an ability to translate designs into clean code
- A knack for writing clean, readable code
- Willingness to learn and experiment with new technology
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- AWS experience (S3 & Lambda)
- Animations experience (react-springs)
- Realtime Firebase data base
- A designer background / styled-components
- Python experience.
- Strong testing methodology
- Shopify experience.
- Interested in gaming in general and e-sports in particular, or actually play them
- Experience with state management tools, such as Redux or React Context.
- Ability to understand/read basic Japanese.
¥5 - ¥8 million annually.
5 to 8 million JPY annually.