About Rapyuta Robotics
Rapyuta Robotics aims at building low cost, lightweight autonomous mobile robots with high-level intelligence distributed in the cloud, enabling such robots to offload some of their heavy computation and seamlessly learn and share experiences with one another.
Live your best life - at work and outside
We strive to create an environment that is open - inclusive and transparent and safe - for taking risks and being you! We work hard and relatively a bit long to make a dent in the universe, but we make sure we have time for our families, friends, and lives outside the office. With a diverse set of professionals ranging from mechanical engineering to machine learning, culture from more than 15 countries, and robots from AMRs to Arms, there is always something to learn and to be amazed!
We welcome overseas candidates
If you aren’t based in Japan yet, we’ll help you obtain a visa and provide relocation support. In addition to covering part of your airfare, we provide a fixed relocation fee of ¥100,000 for a single employee, and ¥200,000 for those with family.
Our response to COVID-19
Based on the work nature of our work with robotic software, it’s mandatory for most of the engineers to be on-site. While we’re still coming into the office, we’re aligning with whatever the government is requesting, such as requesting employees to wear masks and undergo temperature checks.
For candidates overseas, we’ll support your visa, but you’ll need to wait until travel restrictions are loosened to be onboarded.
About the position
Our Tokyo Engineering team is changing gears to meet the growing needs of our customers - from a handful of robots to hundreds of robots; from a small team to multiple squads. The team works closely with some of the premier enterprise customers in Japan to build state-of-the-art robotics solutions by leveraging rapyuta.io, our cloud robotics platform, and the surrounding ecosystem. The team’s mission is to pioneer scalable, collaborative, and flexible robotics solutions.
In this role, the QA Engineer will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and analyzing the system specifications to define test cases
- Creating and maintaining test plans
- Executing test plans in a simulated environment and on hardware
- Defect tracking and generating bug reports
- Preparing test data
- Generating and maintaining test reports
- Performing release testing and post-installation testing of robotic systems
- 1+ years of strong technical experience with hands-on in QA application testing and development/system/platform/integration and testing software and hardware
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field, or combination of equivalent education and experience
- Experience writing, maintaining and executing test cases, both manual and automated
- Expertise in Linux
- Experience with Agile principles and methodologies such as SCRUM
- Experience with version control repositories such as GIT and SVN
- Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment has a strong sense of personal accountability and contributes beyond job role and responsibilities
- Knowledge of C++, Firmware testing, or Robot simulation, ROS
- ISTQB certification
- Fundamental understanding and experience with one or more Agile methodologies
- Understands the risks involved in a startup
- Usage of CI/CD systems such as Jenkins
- Familiarity with hosting technology such as AWS, Azure or GCP.