About Rapyuta Robotics
Rapyuta Robotics aims at building low cost, lightweight autonomous mobile robots with high-level intelligence distributed in the cloud, enabling such robots to offload some of their heavy computation and seamlessly learn and share experiences with one another.
Live your best life - at work and outside
We strive to create an environment that is open - inclusive and transparent and safe - for taking risks and being you! We work hard and relatively a bit long to make a dent in the universe, but we make sure we have time for our families, friends, and lives outside the office. With a diverse set of professionals ranging from mechanical engineering to machine learning, culture from more than 15 countries, and robots from AMRs to Arms, there is always something to learn and to be amazed!
We welcome overseas candidates
If you aren’t based in Japan yet, we’ll help you obtain a visa and provide relocation support. In addition to covering part of your airfare, we provide a fixed relocation fee of ¥100,000 for a single employee, and ¥200,000 for those with family.
Our response to COVID-19
Based on the work nature of our work with robotic software, it’s mandatory for most of the engineers to be on-site. While we’re still coming into the office, we’re aligning with whatever the government is requesting, such as requesting employees to wear masks and undergo temperature checks.
For candidates overseas, we’ll support your visa, but you’ll need to wait until travel restrictions are loosened to be onboarded.
About the position
We are developing the world’s first enterprise-level Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) for robots, creating a rare opportunity for an experienced, product-focused engineering professional. The PaaS aims to aid and offer innovative features to handle every part of the product lifecycle required to support and deliver consumer-facing connected machines and services.
Site Reliability Engineering combines skills of software and systems engineering. Your key responsibility is to focus on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and eliminating work through automation to make them more reliable and ensure the highest possible up-time for a cloud-based robotics system.
- Leading the SRE team, mentoring junior engineers and supporting delivery excellence
- Supporting services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning, and launch reviews
- Maintaining services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health
- Engaging in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement
- Scaling systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolving systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Practicing sustainable incident response and postmortems
- Building and evolving the operations handbook
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience with an outstanding track record
- At least 5 years of experience in product development and/or supporting operations
- Mastery of one or more of the following programming languages including but not limited to Python, Golang, Ruby, Bash
- Expertise with Configuration Management, Docker, IaaS, PaaS, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, DevOps, ChatOps
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals and practical experience troubleshooting networked services Demonstrated proficiency with: Linux systems, public cloud platforms, and associated tools/technologies
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and thorough in every undertaking
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and projects effectively and quickly adapt to new variables
- Experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting distributed systems
- Experience with team management
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks