About Rapyuta Robotics
Rapyuta Robotics aims at building low cost, lightweight autonomous mobile robots with high-level intelligence distributed in the cloud, enabling such robots to offload some of their heavy computation and seamlessly learn and share experiences with one another.
Live your best life - at work and outside
We strive to create an environment that is open - inclusive and transparent and safe - for taking risks and being you! We work hard and relatively a bit long to make a dent in the universe, but we make sure we have time for our families, friends, and lives outside the office. With a diverse set of professionals ranging from mechanical engineering to machine learning, culture from more than 15 countries, and robots from AMRs to Arms, there is always something to learn and to be amazed!
We welcome overseas candidates
If you aren’t based in Japan yet, we’ll help you obtain a visa and provide relocation support. In addition to covering part of your airfare, we provide a fixed relocation fee of ¥100,000 for a single employee, and ¥200,000 for those with family.
Our response to COVID-19
Based on the work nature of our work with robotic software, it’s mandatory for most of the engineers to be on-site. While we’re still coming into the office, we’re aligning with whatever the government is requesting, such as requesting employees to wear masks and undergo temperature checks.
For candidates overseas, we’ll support your visa, but you’ll need to wait until travel restrictions are loosened to be onboarded.
About the position
Our Tokyo Engineering team is changing gears to meet the growing needs of our awesome customers - from a handful of robots to hundreds of robots, from a small team to multiple squads. The team works closely with some of the premier enterprise customers in Japan to build state-of-the-art robotic solutions by leveraging rapyuta.io, our robotics platform, and the surrounding ecosystem. The team’s mission is to pioneer scalable, collaborative, and flexible robotics solutions. The work we do here does not stop with our products. Through rapyuta.io, they will be distributed to enable anyone to build great solutions.
This position is for developing a warehouse automation system which has up to 100 robots operating in a single installation. You will be responsible for the software which links the robots running in the warehouse to the client’s warehouse management system.
- Designing, implementing, testing, and enhancing warehouse automation software
- Acting as a team lead to manage people, project priorities, and technical resources
- Integrating with 3rd party vendors and systems
- Leading design efforts for major software components and their integration into the principal architecture
- Actively participate in enhancing the design of existing software components to improve their functionality and performance.
- Contributing to core team processes and to company-wide efforts
- Identifying opportunities for improvements in engineering processes and make relevant recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience with an outstanding track record
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Expertise in Python and at least one of C++, Java, Go
- Mastery of traditional RDBMS technologies
- Experience with designing and implementing backend web servers
- Experience with web frameworks such as Django, Flask, and Spring Boot
- Deep understanding of HTTP and experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Deep knowledge and understanding of algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with docker and cloud platforms such as GCP, AWS, Azure
- Experience with ROS and robotics
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Fundamental understanding and experience with one or more Agile methodologies
- Experience with warehouse automation systems, inventory management systems, order processing systems, and warehouse management systems