Our Tokyo engineering team is hiring a senior frontend software engineer to work on the main user interface for our products. Senior engineer’s role includes lateral collaboration with engineers who work on other components and product engineers responsible for application-specific features.
The position is available on site (our COVID policy is hybrid) or remotely (interest in relocation to Japan is very welcome).
Is this the right job for you?
- Work with real robots moving the world!
- Target evergreen browsers (desktop)
- Your definition of done includes automated tests
- Able to articulate why your elegant solution is good for others
- Develop the company’s UI components
- Improve code quality and update the tech stack
- Collaborate with developers from other teams
- Infuse the company with good engineering practice
- Experience with react, redux, localisation, bundlers, macros, testing
- Experience with agile methodology (e.g. Scrum)
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience in leading a small team and mentoring junior developers
- Maintained relationships with design, product and QA teams
- Streaming protocols, canvas, immutable data, async features
- Open-source contributions