About Rapyuta Robotics
Rapyuta Robotics aims at building low cost, lightweight autonomous mobile robots with high-level intelligence distributed in the cloud, enabling such robots to offload some of their heavy computation and seamlessly learn and share experiences with one another.
Live your best life - at work and outside
We strive to create an environment that is open - inclusive and transparent and safe - for taking risks and being you! We work hard and relatively a bit long to make a dent in the universe, but we make sure we have time for our families, friends, and lives outside the office. With a diverse set of professionals ranging from mechanical engineering to machine learning, culture from more than 15 countries, and robots from AMRs to Arms, there is always something to learn and to be amazed!
We welcome overseas candidates
If you aren’t based in Japan yet, we’ll help you obtain a visa and provide relocation support. In addition to covering part of your airfare, we provide a fixed relocation fee of ¥100,000 for a single employee, and ¥200,000 for those with family.
Our response to COVID-19
Based on the work nature of our work with robotic software, it’s mandatory for most of the engineers to be on-site. While we’re still coming into the office, we’re aligning with whatever the government is requesting, such as requesting employees to wear masks and undergo temperature checks.
For candidates overseas, we’ll support your visa, but you’ll need to wait until travel restrictions are loosened to be onboarded.
About the position
We are developing the world’s first enterprise-level Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) for robots, creating a rare opportunity for an experienced, product-focused engineering professional. Our PaaS aims to offer innovative features to handle every part of the product life cycle required to aid and deliver robust, scalable, and state-of-the-art robotics solutions to the end user. You will own key components of mapping and localization services for single and multi-agent systems.
- Collaborate in a team to design, develop, and test robust autonomous navigation capabilities in semi-structured and dynamic indoor environments
- Maintain high-level of communication with cross-functional teams and partners
- Contribute to software design reviews, architecture reviews, and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Robotics, or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience with an outstanding track record
- Experience in designing and implementing mapping and localization systems
- Experience with multi-agent path planning, obstacle avoidance, and motion control
- Experience with AMRs
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and test scalable and highly available software systems in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, ability to work well in a team environment
- Doctoral or a Master’s degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study
- Experience with ROS and navigation frameworks
- Participant in robotic competitions, e.g. RoboCup, DARPA Grand Challenge, and/or contributions to open source projects
- Startup experience