About Rapyuta Robotics
Rapyuta Robotics aims at building low cost, lightweight autonomous mobile robots with high-level intelligence distributed in the cloud, enabling such robots to offload some of their heavy computation and seamlessly learn and share experiences with one another.
Live your best life - at work and outside
We strive to create an environment that is open - inclusive and transparent and safe - for taking risks and being you! We work hard and relatively a bit long to make a dent in the universe, but we make sure we have time for our families, friends, and lives outside the office. With a diverse set of professionals ranging from mechanical engineering to machine learning, culture from more than 15 countries, and robots from AMRs to Arms, there is always something to learn and to be amazed!
We welcome overseas candidates
If you aren’t based in Japan yet, we’ll help you obtain a visa and provide relocation support. In addition to covering part of your airfare, we provide a fixed relocation fee of ¥100,000 for a single employee, and ¥200,000 for those with family.
Our response to COVID-19
Based on the work nature of our work with robotic software, it’s mandatory for most of the engineers to be on-site. While we’re still coming into the office, we’re aligning with whatever the government is requesting, such as requesting employees to wear masks and undergo temperature checks.
For candidates overseas, we’ll support your visa, but you’ll need to wait until travel restrictions are loosened to be onboarded.
About the position
Our Tokyo Engineering team is changing gears to meet the growing needs of our customers - from a handful of robots to hundreds of robots; from a small team to multiple squads. The team works closely with some of the premier enterprise customers in Japan to build state-of-the-art robotics solutions by leveraging rapyuta.io, our cloud robotics platform, and the surrounding ecosystem. The team mission is to provide computer simulation of robots interactions with the environment and with each other to be provided as a service for both the company and future clients/partners.
- Designing, implementing, testing, and enhancing robotics simulation tooling and software for multi-robot
- Developing deterministic and high-fidelity simulations
- Optimizing simulation performance
- Integrating the simulation with existing software
- Building and maintaining a scalable cloud-based simulator in a parallel configuration
- Actively participate in enhancing the design of existing software components to improve their functionality and performance.
- Contributing to core team processes and to company-wide efforts
- Identifying opportunities for improvements in engineering processes and make relevant recommendations
- Maintaining a high-level of communication with cross-functional teams and partners
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Robotics, or a similar technical field of study
- Familiar with Config Management, Docker, IaaS, PaaS, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, DevOps, ChatOps
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals and practical experience troubleshooting networked services
- Advanced proficiency in C++ 11 or above
- PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, or a similar technical field of study
- Hands-on experience on Robotics, especially in ROS2
- Hands-on experience on Simulation, especially in Unreal Engine 4
- Recent experience with high performance, cloud, or distributed computing
- Experience with physical system modeling and simulation
- Demonstrated proficiency with: Linux systems, public cloud platforms, and associated tools/technologies
- Experience in designing, analysing and troubleshooting distributed systems