Reallyenglish has been providing English language teaching online since 1999. We’ve built up a strong business through focusing on B2B partnerships, and are now looking to bring our platform to the non-English digital learning market. Our development team is already international, having American, British, Mongolian, Taiwanese, and Japanese members. Our team communicates internally in English, so no Japanese ability is required.
Our response to COVID-19
All employees are allowed to work remotely. We accept overseas candidates, provided you’d be available to work remotely during normal Japanese business hours. Once the border restrictions are eased, you’d relocate to Japan.
About the position
- Proven experience with semantic HTML5 and modular CSS3
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc
- Extensive knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Possess a strong appreciation for UI/UX design and its symbiotic relationship with code
- Experience with testing and the ability to write unit tests/specs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to take direction, work well as part of a team and independently
- Experience building and delivering ReactJS, ReactNative and/or Backbone
- Experience with iOS or Android development
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field