Sansan provides two key business card-based services: the eponymous ‘Sansan’, a contact management solution for corporations, and ‘Eight’, a professional networking solution for individuals. Sansan develops advanced technology to turn its users’ business cards into powerful, shareable, and actionable data.
B2B Contact Management “Sansan”
Launched in 2007, Sansan is a fully featured cloud-based contact management solution for corporations. Centered on business cards, and using a proprietary system of digitization harnessing the power of both AI and humans, it seamlessly organizes contacts into a secure online database, accessible at any time from either the Web App or Mobile App. The database is optimized and integrated with external information by an advanced AI system, and is fully shareable within organizations.
B2C Professional Social Networking “Eight”
Launched in 2012, Eight is a free-to-use multi-platform contact management and professional social networking tool for individuals. With more than 2.8 million registered users, it is the leading professional social network in Japan. Centered on business cards, it acts as a contact manager, as well as a powerful networking tool, thanks to powerful functionality including a home feed, user profiles, and instant messaging.
- Company subsidized eating/drinking out with colleagues in different teams.
- The company will pay for work-related books, hardware and software you request.
- Company subsidized language lessons.
- Company subsidizes rent for employees living within 2 train stops of Omotesando or Shibuya stations.
- Working from home permitted up to 4 days per month.
- Weekdays can be taken off in exchange for working on weekends/holidays.
- Various benefits for new mothers, such as nursery fee subsidies.
- Subsidies for parents of young children, covering babysitting and housekeeping fees.
- 3 consecutive paid days off between July & October (not deduced from paid holiday allowance).
Our response to COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 situation, each employee can choose either to work from home or go to the office. Currently, it is possible for engineers to work completely remotely. After the situation subsides, we may require employees to regularly come to the office.
While we’ve supported relocation in the past, due to the COVID-19 situation we currently require you to already be a resident of Japan.
About the position
In this position, you’ll be part of the team responsible for analysis and integration of Sansan’s digitized business card data and other contact data. The team is currently made of one international and eight Japanese members, and communicates in Japanese. You’ll use English when communicating with the Singapore office, and the Global Product Group, another engineering team.
Your focus will be on improving the efficiency and quality of integrating international people and companies. The role will involve UI and Web API development, as well as data handling and transactions.
- Ruby on Rails with RSpec
- Aurora (MySQL)
- AWS (including EC2, S3, Athena, Redshift, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, ElastiCache, SQS, Lambda), and GCP (BigQuery
- Over 5 years experience in developing web applications that uses a MVC framework (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Django, Laravel, etc)
- Experience building and operating applications that use cloud services such as Azure, GCP, or AWS
- Conversational Japanese ability
- Experience developing and operating large-scale services
- Experience analyzing large amounts of data, hypothesizing, and problem-solving
- Experience with architectural design
- Successful project management experience
- Team building experience in a growing team
- Experience performance tuning with RDBMS
¥5,110,000 - ¥7,770,000 annually (inclusive of bi-annual bonuses).