Sansan provides two key business card-based services: the eponymous ‘Sansan’, a contact management solution for corporations, and ‘Eight’, a professional networking solution for individuals. Sansan develops advanced technology to turn its users’ business cards into powerful, shareable, and actionable data.
B2B Contact Management “Sansan”
Launched in 2007, Sansan is a fully featured cloud-based contact management solution for corporations. Centered on business cards, and using a proprietary system of digitization harnessing the power of both AI and humans, it seamlessly organizes contacts into a secure online database, accessible at any time from either the Web App or Mobile App. The database is optimized and integrated with external information by an advanced AI system, and is fully shareable within organizations.
B2C Professional Social Networking “Eight”
Launched in 2012, Eight is a free-to-use multi-platform contact management and professional social networking tool for individuals. With more than 2.8 million registered users, it is the leading professional social network in Japan. Centered on business cards, it acts as a contact manager, as well as a powerful networking tool, thanks to powerful functionality including a home feed, user profiles, and instant messaging.
- Company subsidized eating/drinking out with colleagues in different teams.
- The company will pay for work-related books, hardware and software you request.
- Company subsidized language lessons.
- Company subsidizes rent for employees living within 2 train stops of Omotesando or Shibuya stations.
- Working from home permitted up to 4 days per month.
- Weekdays can be taken off in exchange for working on weekends/holidays.
- Various benefits for new mothers, such as nursery fee subsidies.
- Subsidies for parents of young children, covering babysitting and housekeeping fees.
- 3 consecutive paid days off between July & October (not deduced from paid holiday allowance).
Our response to COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 situation, each employee can choose either to work from home or go to the office. Currently, it is possible for engineers to work completely remotely. After the situation subsides, we may require employees to regularly come to the office.
While we’ve supported relocation in the past, due to the COVID-19 situation we currently require you to already be a resident of Japan.
About the position
This position is targeting third or fourth year university students. The earliest start date is October 2022.
We are seeking passionate and driven international engineers to join our Tokyo-based global engineering team. Sansan is Japan’s leading business card-based contact management solution for corporations, and one of Japan’s leading SaaS products. Having over 80% market share in Japan, we are now setting our sights on global expansion, starting with Southeast Asia. To this end we have set up a multinational global team within the engineering division. The global team is principally focused on building new features for a global audience, as well as supporting the effective localization of the product as a whole.
We seek motivated and ambitious software engineers to help us in this endeavor; by understanding and improving the product and its features, integrating and scaling it to new markets, and perceiving and prioritizing user experience and needs.
Residence in Tokyo is required for the role and we will fully support any successful applicants’ relocation to Tokyo.
You’ll be working in our head office, which is in a great location in the trendy and upmarket Omotesando area of Tokyo.
- Framework: .NET Framework 4.6.1 (ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET Web API, WPF)
- Database: PostgreSQL 9.6, Redis 3.2
- Repository: GitHub
- Project Management: Confluence, Gantter, Planio, Trello
- CI/Testing: Jenkins, NUnit
- Infrastructure: AWS (EC2, S3, SQS, DynamoDB, SES, RDS, ElastiCache, etc.)
- Operation/Monitoring: Zabbix, Grafana, New Relic, Amazon Elasticsearch Service, Fluentd, Chef
- Bachelor/Master/PhD in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, or technology-related field with an emphasis in software development
- Demonstrable proficiency with an object-oriented language (e.g., C#, Java, C++)
- Demonstrable knowledge of object-oriented design and development
- Able to write clean, maintainable, and tested code
- Able to design domain models, database schemas, and system architecture
- A confident and forward-looking understanding of user expectations and needs
- A positive and motivated attitude to learn and improve your craft
- Native or fluent written and spoken English