We are developing web-based HR products, cross-industry AI, IoT, Robotics, Cloud & Big Data solutions to surpass Customer business objectives and exceed Customer expectations. Today, we already work in a range of Industries such as Human Resources, Hospitality, Education, Health Care, Warehousing & Inventory, and Health & Fitness.
International and English-friendly
More than half of our engineers and designers come from outside of Japan and our main language used is English. We generally don’t require any Japanese ability, and welcome candidates looking to relocate to Japan (you’ll work on a remote contract initially, and then we’ll relocate you here).
Scoville is rapidly expanding and we are looking for members who want to grow their careers with us. For this reason we empower each other to shape our careers.
Free weekly Japanese lessons
You’ll be offered a one hour one-on-one weekly Japanese lesson with a professional Japanese teacher. There’s also the opportunity to get more exposure to Japanese language by participating in meetings with Japanese speakers, and other support via unoffical means, like our active Japanese language slack channel.
Fully remote is an option
We offer 100% remote working to all our software (AI, web) engineers and designers.
Each software engineer or designer is free to choose how often they visit the office. They can choose to go to the office, to work fully remote with no office visits in principle, or anything in between.
Employees can also select where they live and work as long as they reside within Japan.
Note that all employees will continue to receive fair treatment regardless of whether they choose to come to the office or not.
- Enjoy a high-engagement culture
- Be exceptional at what you do
- Help colleagues succeed
- Embody diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Know how to have fun
About the position
We are hiring an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to support new and exciting products.
What You Will Do
This is a hands-on technical role, day to day activities include:
- Provisioning production and pre-production deployment environments for various projects, supporting various different tech stacks
- Develop solutions to improve system performance with a focus on high availability, scalability and resilience
- Configuring CI/CD pipelines to ensure that applications can be iterated upon frequently and deployed with confidence
- Monitoring application performance and resource usage to determine bottlenecks and faults
- Giving advice on technology adoption and selection as it pertains to web solutions. It’s not a project management role although mentoring is encouraged
- Work with cross-functional teams to help shape and define key features
- If necessary, writing custom software to manage platform infrastructure
- 5+ years recent commercial programming experience
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS services including: ECS, ECR, Lambda, RDS, Cloudwatch, ElastiCache, Route53, etc
- Proficiency with Terraform or similar infrastructure-as-code tools
- Strong understanding of web application architecture and distributed systems
- A tendency to look for ways to and improve existing systems and processes
- Capable of finding simple, pragmatic solutions to complex problems
- Experience explaining complex, technological limitations to team members with a non-technical background
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Proficiency with any of Terragrunt, Kubernetes, EKS, CircleCI, Jenkins, or observability tools (Prometheus, Grafana, etc)
- Linux command line / Bash scripting proficiency
- Experience working with HR-related applications
- Interest in working on application code if necessary
- Japanese language proficiency
￥6.0 - 9.0 million/year (negotiable based on experience)