You’ll be part of the Product team, working alongside the Lead Backend Engineer and other team members (UX Designers, Backend Engineers, Test Engineers, etc.) to expand our product offering to both our customers – freelancers and companies.
- Maintain and improve the existing codebase of our application
- Build new business features using readable, maintainable, and reliable Ruby code
- Help identify and fix bottlenecks and bugs
- Implement best practices of automated testing and unit tests
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and documentation
- 3+ years of back-end development experience, with Ruby on Rails being a core part of your experience. You should have experience building and using modern APIs.
- Experience building APIs
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Startup experience
- Familiarity with Japanese and working with the Japanese language in terms of design and development, including multi-language websites
- Some front-end knowledge (especially React, and Next.js) is a plus!
- Testing with RSpec
4.8 to 6.6 million JPY annually.