We are looking for a full stack software engineer to deal mainly with our front-end. We work with Ruby on Rails, so you still need to be very comfortable with back-end stuff. Our team so far has lacked someone with strong Frontend skills, so our UI/UX has a lot of room for improvement.
Your main mission will be to clean up the messy Frontend code and polish our current UI/UX. As new features are implemented, you will help make sure they look and feel great.
Additionally, we will soon start the development of a new product offering specific to music artists, which will require a dedicated engineer working full time on it.
- Work with team members on each project, from system design to project management, development, and communication with stakeholders, sometimes taking the lead.
- Discuss with other engineers the suitability of technical choices and contribute to the correct technical growth of the organization and individuals
- Polish existing UI/UX and implement new features on the Frontend
- Solidify the framework of a rapidly growing system and contribute to the growth of the engineering team through hiring, etc.
- Define specifications: collaborate with PdM and designers, participate to user interviews, etc
- Solid knowledge and experience as a back-end engineer, some with Ruby on Rails
- Significant knowledge and experience as a Frontend engineer, using a library such as React, Vue, or Angular
- Knowledge of semantic HTML5 and CSS3
- Working experience and testing skills using Jest or other testing libraries
- Experience working with APIs and understanding of HTTP and REST architectures
- Strong knowledge of Git/Github
- Experience in working in a Scrum environment and Project Management . We currently use Pivotal Tracker for task management.
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experience in an early stage start-up
- Experience working with TypeScript
- UX design experience, including user testing, user interviews
- Passion about user experience and interaction.
- Knowledge of music theory, playing an instrument
- Japanese language
10 to 16 million JPY annually.