About Spider Labs
Spider AF is an ad fraud countermeasure tool. We support ad networks, advertisers, and agencies. We have many happy customers across the digital advertising industry.
Flexible and relaxed work environment
We do not believe in micro management. We highly value independent productivity, so you can do your work however you see as fit! As a team, we will think about the process and framework of achieving our goals together, and the independent tasks you are assigned can be completed however you choose to work on them. Our corporate culture ultimately is about doing what we need to do, and going home early. Working long hours is not a virtue here, we focus on quality over quantity.
The average age of our employees is the early 30’s. Since everyone’s age is close, everyone can talk to each other earnestly and freely. We have no dress code, so clothing, hairstyles, nails, and makeup are completely up to you!
Our diverse office is made up of many different nationalities, and we have offices in both Tokyo and Lisbon. We don’t require any Japanese abilities, and welcome overseas candidates looking to relocate to Tokyo (or Lisbon).
Our CEO has 2 kids of her own, along with many other company members having young families. There is a deep understanding for raising children as well as quality time with family. We have paid parental leave, and many events where children are more than welcome to participate.
Our response to COVID-19
During the state of emergency, we come to the office in shifts, so the sales team might come one day, and the customer support another.
We require employees to come to the office at least one day per week, and offer the option to work remotely on other days.
About the position
- Collaborate with engineering teams to continue expanding and improving our dashboard in terms of both features and software quality.
- Collaborate with engineering and customer success teams to investigate and resolve maintenance issues and integrate client feedback into our product.
- Create new data structures and data processing workflows to support novel concepts according to business requirements.
- Create web-based data access and editing workflows (CRUDS) from planning backend data flow to visually enabling such actions to users.
- Create more complex data visualizations such as graphs and complex tables.
- Contribute in other areas such as big data processing, ML models deployment, CI/CD and/or infrastructure related operations
- 5-7 years of experience developing software with at least 3 years in web development with a framework using an MVC design pattern (e.g. Rails/Ruby, Phoenix/Elixir).
- Experience with frontend technologies (e.g. HTML, CSS, LESS, etc), libraries (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation, etc) and frameworks (e.g. VueJs, React, Angular, etc).
- Desire to employ/learn the best software development practices to create readable, testable and maintainable software.
- Conscious of potential security, scalability and maintainability issues while developing software so that these can be proactively prevented.
- Understanding of technical constraints, development time and ability to adjust the approach accordingly.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following our company values, culture and ways of working
Nice to have
While not required, tell us if you have experience with any of the following.
- Previous experience working with Elixir/Phoenix, Google BigQuery, or Kubernetes
- Previous experience in startup environments
- Fraud detection experience
- Online and mobile advertisement knowledge