About Styler Inc
Our main product is Facy, which facilitates online communication between shoppers and brick and mortar fashion shops. With it, users can ask questions about fashion items they’re interested in, and then buy the item online.
At our office in Shibuya, Tokyo, we already have employees from over eight different countries. We don’t require Japanese, but prefer candidates already based in Japan.
At Styler, developers don’t just write code to a spec, but rather they work closely with the product manager and designers throughout the entire development process. You’ll be involved in the initial planning and creation of user stories onwards, and you’ll get to decide what you want to work on and how you want to implement it.
We emphasize on code quality, and all production code either goes through a code review process, or is written using pair programming. Code is refactored as new code is added, so you’ll do it on a regular basis. All code is also tested automatically, and we’ve put in place tools to assess code quality.
About the position
As an Android developer at Styler, you will be responsible for the development of new features while maintaining and improving the current codebase.
Android developer responsibilities
- Design, build and test the Facy Android application
- Ensure performance, stability and quality of the Facy Android application
- Work together in an international team to elaborate, design, and implement new features
- Troubleshoot code in terms of usability, reliability, and edge cases
- Identify and fix bugs; continuously work on improving the apps performance
- Estimate and implement features in an agile working environment
- Integrate the application with backend tools, various cloud providers and APIs
- Help to maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Provide prototypes and proofs of concepts
Android developer requirements
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant technical fields
- 3+ years of working experience in the related field
- Understanding of the Android mobile app development cycle
- Understanding of UX/UI standards and the Google design principles
- In-depth knowledge of common architectures such as MVVM and MVP
- Optimization and benchmarking skills, usage of testing frameworks
- Experience with the Android SDK, RXJava, NDK, Kotlin
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and growing environment
- Proficiency with the usage of major analytics, cloud messaging and reporting APIs
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Experience with SQL, JSON, XML, REST APIs
- Collaborating with designers, product managers and other stakeholders
- Creative thinking and taking initiative
- Familiarity with scrum and agile principles