Synspective provides solutions for customers’ challenges with utilizing and integrating data from Synthetic Aperture Radar (“SAR”) satellite constellations, big data, and machine learning. We use English internally, so no Japanese is required for our software engineering positions.
Our core values
Fairness. Respect each member’s lifestyle, experiences, culture and mission. Be honest to data. Appreciate counter opinions and feedback.
Efficency. Time is the most important resource. We, as one team, aim to achieve the best results in the shortest time. Take a control of your time and be responsible for your performance. Make recurring tasks automated. Focus on selected fields to maximize work value in the shortest time possible.
Proactiveness. Proactively identify problems and act immediately. Never be afraid to fail. Be candid and ask team for help whenever needed.
Collective Intelligence. Individual growth leads to team growth. Keep learning and share with the team. Be social and expand your network. Use external resources as necessary
Full-time (Nontenured). All members are contract-based employees. The contract is renewed in every six months based on management by objective to assist individual growth and team growth
- Commuting expense, health insurance, employees’ pension insurance.
- Flexible work-hours and location
- Part-time or second job allowed
Our response to COVID-19
Our business hasn’t been directly impacted by COVID-19. During the crisis, we’ve switched to having all employees work fully remotely. We do not have any concrete plans yet about going back to the office, but will follow the government’s policy.
Since the travel restrictions have been lifted, we are open to overseas candidates who are exceptional matches.
About the position
- Design cloud-native infrastructure and develop the ground system for operating satellites
- Lead back-end development of the ground system
- Design and develop API, SDK for the ground system
- Communicate with other teams like front-end, data scientist
- Motivated to define self-goal as required and take action to achieve the goals
- Experience of building customer-facing cloud-native systems on GCP or AWS
- Design and develop API
- Experience of design and developing a microservices architecture
- Strong coding skills in Go
- Experience of CI, CD technique and tools (Kubernetes)
- Experience of designing security policy for a cloud-native system
- Love to develop
- Willingness to learn anything new
- Great team player
- Experience with constructing a distributed processing platform
- GCP certification
- Front-end development experience
- C, C++, Rust