Synspective provides solutions for customers’ challenges with utilizing and integrating data from Synthetic Aperture Radar (“SAR”) satellite constellations, big data, and machine learning. We use English internally, so no Japanese is required for our software engineering positions.
Our core values
Fairness. Respect each member’s lifestyle, experiences, culture and mission. Be honest to data. Appreciate counter opinions and feedback.
Efficency. Time is the most important resource. We, as one team, aim to achieve the best results in the shortest time. Take a control of your time and be responsible for your performance. Make recurring tasks automated. Focus on selected fields to maximize work value in the shortest time possible.
Proactiveness. Proactively identify problems and act immediately. Never be afraid to fail. Be candid and ask team for help whenever needed.
Collective Intelligence. Individual growth leads to team growth. Keep learning and share with the team. Be social and expand your network. Use external resources as necessary
Full-time (Nontenured). All members are contract-based employees. The contract is renewed in every six months based on management by objective to assist individual growth and team growth
- Commuting expense, health insurance, employees’ pension insurance.
- Flexible work-hours and location
- Part-time or second job allowed
Our response to COVID-19
Our business hasn’t been directly impacted by COVID-19. During the crisis, we’ve switched to having all employees work fully remotely. We do not have any concrete plans yet about going back to the office, but will follow the government’s policy.
Since the travel restrictions have been lifted, we are open to overseas candidates who are exceptional matches.
About the position
- Design, development, and testing of embedded systems applications
- Design, development, testing, and maintenance of the on-board flight software on our existing and future satellites
- Coordinate with other teams and assist in software development of other in-house projectse
- Hands-on experience with the development of embedded software/systems in C
- Experience with real-time applications and real-time operating systems
- Experience working with communications protocols (UART, I2C, SPI, RS232, RS422, CAN, SpaceWire)
- Good understanding of algorithms, design patterns, and data structures
- 5 years working experience
- Experience with software testing (unit testing, integration testing, system testing)
- Proficiency with Python
- Proficiency with Linux
- Experience working with satellites or space systems
- Experience working with databases
- Experience working with communications networks (wired/wireless)
- Knowledge of CCSDS communications standard
- Experience working with cloud-based systems (GCP, Amazon web services, etc)
- Project portfolio