TableCheck, Japan’s leading restaurant reservation management platform, is seeking a Backend Engineer experienced in payments. As a member of our team you will scope, architect, and build critical components which integrate with numerous internal and third-party systems.
TableCheck has embraced remote work. As such, communication and documentation are in our blood. We look for and write about signals in the noise which enables us to constantly learn and adapt, and we expect members of our teams to constantly follow up with questions and updates to keep everyone in the loop.
You will be working closely with members in Japan and supporting Japanese and SEA clients, so we require that you work in Japanese business hours.
- Design and code payment features
- Create integrations with payment gateways
- Create clear and concise documentation
- Interact with vendors
- General backend development
- Task management
- 5+ years of backend development using Ruby on Rails
- 3+ years of payment gateway integrations or payment feature development
- 3+ years MongoDB or PostgreSQL
Nice to haves
While not specifically required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Software security
- Test-driven development
- Knowledge of PCI DSS