TableCheck is changing the online reservation business by connecting millions of diners around the world to the restaurants they love. We help diners make restaurant reservations, and we help merchants manage table inventory, enrich dining experiences, and visualize multi-property analytics to gain insights into restaurant performance. Our goal is to both inform and delight.
We’re remote-first, having an asynchronous style working, with employees spread throughout Asia and Europe working on the same team. As such, communication and documentation are in our blood. We look for and write about signals in the noise which enables us to constantly learn and adapt, and we expect members of our teams to constantly follow up with questions and updates to keep everyone in the loop.
Our engineering team communicates in English, and so we generally don’t require Japanese skills. We also welcome applicants currently outside Japan. If you want to relocate here, we can sponsor your visa. We’re also open to remote candidates who do not plan to relocate.
Our response to COVID-19
We have moved to remote-first, asynchronous style working. There is no longer any obligation to go to our office.
About the position
You’ll work on Ruby on Rails applications, mobile applications, and likely mini-apps such as WeChat Mini Programs or LINE apps.
- Design and code APIs for customer, vendor, and internal use
- Create integrations with 3rd party APIs
- Create clear and concise documentation
- General backend development
- 5+ years of backend and fullstack development
- 3+ years Ruby on Rails
- 3+ years mobile development (any)
- 2+ years MongoDB and PostgreSQL
- Test-driven development
- Business level English
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have experience with any of the following.
- Previous startup experience
- WeChat Mini Program development experience
- Elixir/Phoenix, Scala, Go, Python
- Software security
- Chinese ability
- Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their technical skill, cultural fit, and strength of their previous experience.
- Applicants will be asked to complete a small coding project for evaluation purposes.