TableCheck, Japan’s leading restaurant reservation management platform, is seeking a Customer Reliability Engineer.
The Customer Reliability Engineering team at TableCheck works with engineers within both our organisation and our customer’s IT and Engineering teams to be able to both deliver results and advocate for customer needs. As a member of our CRE team you will primarily support our Enterprise customers and third-party integration developers alongside our SREs.
We are looking for CREs with a deep understanding of Ruby on Rails, with direct experience working with APIs in production and experience with monitoring-in-code tooling such as OpenTelemetry. We are looking for someone with a strong ability to learn, document and articulate customer organisation’s needs to engineers within TableCheck.
TableCheck’s CREs are strong individual contributors who can deliver quick and effective results, and know when and how to document and write requirements for larger issues. CREs must know when they can individually fix issues in a reasonable amount of time, and when to consult our larger engineering team.
Our CREs are developers who successfully deliver and maintain integrations and features for our Enterprise customers (API / Payments). CRE takes on the responsibility of keeping our customer SLOs, such as developing hot-fixes and working with our SRE team to develop monitoring tools.
- Our CREs focus on customer satisfaction by delivering short-term work across systems such as our Public API.
- Our CREs handle reliability for integrations, using the same tooling stack as our SREs.
- Our CREs handle customer-facing issues through code, such as by developing features or fixing issues.
- Our CREs train and support our internal Support, Consulting and Implementation teams.
- Our CREs are constantly on the lookout for and building tools to discover issues, and have a high degree of familiarity with our products in order to deliver solutions.
- Strong software development experience using Ruby, with direct production experience building & maintaining a product using Ruby on Rails.
- Experience working and communicating with customers.
- Experience building tooling and systems to automate Day 2 operations, including troubleshooting / debugging.
- Experience as an SRE or DevOps Engineer for high-traffic, and mission critical systems.
- Strong understanding of networking (load balancing, routing, etc.).
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Capacity to swiftly diagnose and fix issues for customers.
- Documentation and ability to quickly triage issues for our Enterprise customers, assisting them in delivering the product for their ultimate users.
- Ability to research and provide input on issues outside of your current knowledge.
- Ability to tackle issues from the point of optimum consequence for our customers.
- Preference to work in a Kanban format with a high amount of triage.