TableCheck Inc operates TableCheck, an online booking page that allows diners to make instant reservations, and TableSolution, a reservation platform that centralizes reservations from third-party reservation sites and consolidates all bookings into the system.
We welcome applicants outside Japan who are willing to relocate to Tokyo. Remote work may also be possible in some cases.
About the position
This person will work side-by-side with the infrastructure team, own the technology stack, and help support our scaling demands.
We run a robust and fault-tolerant infrastructure built with Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault, Consul, and Amazon AWS. We emphasize IT best practices. We believe stability should always come first and that "devops" is every developer's responsibility. We set high targets–99.9999% uptime with zero alerting noise, and we're pretty close to that already! If system performance and stability is your passion, please get in touch.
- Implementation of infra-related methodologies to improve IT team quality of life
- Incident response
- Mentoring and empowering team members
Please do not apply for this position unless you are capable in the following areas:
- 5 years experience in an infrastructure role, and at least 2 years as a lead or manager
- Networking, protocols (DNS, SSH, etc), firewalls, VPN
- Amazon Web Services
- Hashicorp stack (Terraform, Consul, Vault)
- Configuration management (Ansible/Chef/Puppet)
- Current ability in at least one of the following: Ruby, Elixir, Scala, Go
- Experience running production systems at large scale, and an understanding of the kinds of problems that can occur along with likely solutions
- System architecture
Only English is required.
We will evaluate candidates based on the strength of their previous experience along with remote and on-site interviews.
Given the sensitive nature of this position, a background check will be required.