TableCheck is Japan’s leading restaurant reservation management platform. Our features include reservation and waitlist management, pickup and delivery management, customer and marketing management, and analytics.
We’re remote-first, having an asynchronous style working, with employees spread throughout Asia and Europe working on the same team. As such, communication and documentation are in our blood. We look for and write about signals in the noise which enables us to constantly learn and adapt, and we expect members of our teams to constantly follow up with questions and updates to keep everyone in the loop.
Our engineering team communicates in English, and so we generally don’t require Japanese skills. We also welcome applicants currently outside Japan. If you want to relocate here, we can sponsor your visa. We’re also open to remote candidates who do not plan to relocate.
Our response to COVID-19
We have moved to remote-first, asynchronous style working. There is no longer any obligation to go to our office.
About the position
About The Team
At TableCheck we have a product management team with blended skillsets who work with stakeholders to create vision and drive the growth of our business internationally. Our team manages the product lifecycle and evangelizes all of our diner- and restaurant-facing applications. Not only does this lead to fast-paced development and pivots, it facilitates a close-knit team that nurtures the diner and restaurant user experiences.
What you’ll do
- Own the product strategy, define requirements and specifications, prioritize features, and help ensure projects meet their timelines
- Develop the core messaging and positioning of our products relative to competitors
- Build a deep understanding of our diner and restaurant users through research, analytics, and UX testing
- Cross-pollinate with design, engineering, sales, customer success, and other teams to create lasting interpersonal relationships across our company and continually bridge teams to ensure that our product vision is delivered successfully
What you’ll need
- 3+ years of product management or related experience
- Excellent speaking and writing ability in English
- Technical expertise in efficiently tackling complex problems
- Driven to learn and nurture our products out of love for our users
- Yearning to be trusted by listening wholeheartedly, communicating transparently, and challenging decisions respectfully with conviction
Nice to have
- Excellent speaking and writing ability in Japanese
- Expertise working in both B2B and B2C SaaS environments
- Experience as an account manager, consultant, or product manager in the hospitality industry
- Familiarity with continuous software development, writing technical specifications, and pseudo-code
We are able to hire remotely as long as the team works on the JST time zone. Please note that the benefits will vary for each country.