TableCheck is changing the online reservation business by connecting millions of diners around the world to the restaurants they love. We help diners make restaurant reservations, and we help merchants manage table inventory, enrich dining experiences, and visualize multi-property analytics to gain insights into restaurant performance. Our goal is to both inform and delight.
We’re remote-first, having an asynchronous style working, with employees spread throughout Asia and Europe working on the same team. As such, communication and documentation are in our blood. We look for and write about signals in the noise which enables us to constantly learn and adapt, and we expect members of our teams to constantly follow up with questions and updates to keep everyone in the loop.
Our engineering team communicates in English, and so we generally don’t require Japanese skills. We also welcome applicants currently outside Japan. If you want to relocate here, we can sponsor your visa. We’re also open to remote candidates who do not plan to relocate.
Our response to COVID-19
We have moved to remote-first, asynchronous style working. There is no longer any obligation to go to our office.
About the position
TableCheck is looking for a manager to lead a team of manual testers and automation engineers to support global growth of our products. You will be responsible for leading team to develop test strategies and plans for both manual and automated testing and to proactively drive continuous improvements in the test methodology and best practices to ensure quality goals are consistently met. In addition to closely liaising with developers to deliver quality products, you will also work with groups such as Product Management and Customer Support/Success to understand real-world use cases of our products so that the strategies and plans that you and team members develop will be customized and optimized for real-world scenarios.
- 5+ years of experience with testing web and mobile applications
- 3+ years of leadership experience in QA
- Successfully created and implemented test engineering strategies with deep understanding of how to leverage automation in testing efforts and when to adopt manual testing
- Experience with defining, collecting, and measuring quantitative and qualitative QA metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate and articulate to stakeholders and management
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum development environments with various methodologies, practices, and tools
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to make data-driven decisions and solve problems
- Continuous improvement mindset and habits
- Engagement in personnel activities such as hiring, career development, mentoring and managing performance, providing feedback, writing performance reviews
- Ability to manage time effectively and learn quickly
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Fluency in English
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have experience with any of the following.
- Experience in restaurant business or hospitality industry
- Experience in API testing
- Japanese ability