TakeMe is a Tokyo based provider of one stop payment platform and merchant solutions, delivering complete value-added-services for merchants to focus on their core business. TakeMe’s technologies have enabled SME merchants across Japan to accept 100+ mobile payment methods and attract customers from 98 countries.
International engineering team
Our engineering team have come from different countries, such as China, Bangladesh and Japan. We’ve built our team around the goals of having a friendly atmosphere, mutual respect, and mindset for excellence.
Fully remote with a share office
Our entire company works principly remotely, though we do have a share office Toranomon with limited seats available for when we do need to meet up in person. The frequency in which individuals come into the office varies quite a bit, but it could be as often as once per week, or as infrequent as less than once per month.
Because of our remote culture, we don’t put any restrictions on where you live in Japan, but you should be able to come into the office when necessary. We are, however, looking for someone already based in Japan.
About the position
As a full stack engineer, you will develop and maintain both the backend APIs and Web frontends of our services, as well as managing our server infrastructure and helping us improve our engineering processes and internal tools. You also improve user experience by working on frontend and backend performance, browser compatibility, accessibility and so on.
Your Typical Day
- Design, build, maintain and deploy APIs and frontend / backend applications
- Monitor servers dashboard, deploy and configure servers as needed
- Work with designers and PMs on how to deliver the best user experience
- Improve engineering standards, tools, processes and internal tools
- Provide technical support to clients (occasionally)
- Good understanding of Java and Web development (Spring boot / MySQL)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of HTTP, REST, and etc.
- Experience in ES6 and a JS framework such as Angular, React, or Vue.js.
- Dev-ops experience
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- You have open source project(s)
- Experience in online payment (Alipay, WeChat Pay, Apple Pay, Line Pay, and etc.)
- AWS / GCP / Azure
- Startup experience
An annual salary of ¥6 – 6.5 million plus stock options.