TakeMe (formerly JapanFoodie) targets the international tourist market in Japan. We launched in 2016, and provide several services for tourists, such as all in one payment, a reservation system, and coupon / gift card services. In 2018, we closed our series A, raising ¥1 billion (approximately $9.2 million dollars), and are now in the process of closing our series B.
About the position
Our engineering team consists of seven engineers who have come from different countries, such as China, United States, and Bangladesh. We’ve built our team around the goals of having a friendly atmosphere, mutual respect, and mindset for excellence.
As a senior full stack engineer, you will develop and maintain both the backend APIs and Web frontends of our services, as well as managing our server infrastructure and helping us improve our engineering processes and internal tools. You also improve user experience by working on frontend and backend performance, browser compatibility, accessibility and so on.
Your Typical Day
- Design, build, maintain and deploy APIs and frontend / backend applications
- Monitor servers dashboard, deploy and configure servers as needed
- Work with designers and PMs on how to deliver the best user experience
- Improve engineering standards, tools, processes and internal tools
- Provide technical support to clients (occasionally)
- Deep understanding of Java and Web development (Spring boot / MySQL)
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience of HTTP, REST, and etc.
- Experience in ES6 and a JS framework such as Angular, React, or Vue.js.
- Dev-ops experience
Preferred (but not required)
- You have open source project(s)
- Experience in online payment (Alipay, WeChat Pay, Apple Pay, Line Pay, and etc.)
- AWS / GCP / Azure
- Startup experience
Perks and Benefits
- Insurance (Social and employment)
- Stock option
- Visa sponsorship
- Great office location (Kasumigaseki / Kokkai-gijidō-mae)