We’re looking for a Engineering Team Lead, APAC, to lead our team of Solution Engineers in Tokyo. Solution Engineers are first responders in integrating customers’ data pipelines into our AI platform. Supported by our core Engineering and AI Research teams, they work directly with customers to provide a comprehensive integration from high-level design and prototyping to final implementation and delivery. As a Engineering Team Lead for APAC, you and your team will work in close contact with our Japan Country Manager and our London-based engineering team.
What you will be doing:
- Defining the technical architecture for a new integration and leading its scoping and delivery
- Being hands on with code (at least 50%) in delivering technical solutions to our customers
- Leading the engineering team in Japan while providing technical guidance / mentorship to team members
- Working with our product and research teams, as well as our customers, to scope, build, and deliver new features.
- Introducing and driving best practices across the team
- Working closely with our business team to agree on prioritisation and delivery timelines
- Continuously improving processes and engineering culture within our wider engineering team
What we’re looking for…
- Strong desire to lead a team of engineers. Perhaps you have already led a team, or have a strong desire to step up and do so.
- Track record of building and delivering customer focused solutions
- Work at a key intersection in the business between customers, engineering and business development
- Ability to build relationships with our Japanese customers’ IT and engineering teams.
- Strong stakeholder management skills to engage with our engineering and business teams
- Demonstrable experience with architectural design of complex systems
- Backend programming skills in any OO language
- Strong experience in evaluating different technologies and tools and ability to discuss merits / trade-offs for their use
- Proven experience introducing / driving engineering best practices and processes across teams
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority workstreams in a highly dynamic environment with rapidly changing objectives
- A strong product focus & mindset
- Strong communication & collaboration skills to integrate well into our highly collaborative environment
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Japanese language proficiency (we communicate with our customers in Japanese, but internally we can use English)
- Please note - Experience in AI or ML is not required for the role. However, if you have a strong interest in this field, then we’re a great place to gain some meaningful exposure.