Treasure Data is seeking a new developer to join our fully remote development teams as part of the Insights and Data Systems Group. We work on a variety of projects using various exciting technologies such as Ruby on Rails, Redshift, Aurora, AWS Lambda, AWS Kinesis to ingest and provide business intelligence on vast quantities of data to meet our customers needs.
The ideal candidate will be someone who loves to learn and is willing to look for new and innovative solutions to the problems Treasure Data encounters when dealing with data at such a large scale. They may or may not have a wealth of experience in Ruby or programming in general. The willingness to learn, try new things and have the ability to think problems through and analyze available options is more important, we can teach you the rest.
At Treasure Data, you will have opportunities to combine your technical ability, strategic thinking, and detail-oriented execution in an energetic, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. Your work will contribute to the continued evolution of product functionalities while working with a truly world class engineering team, employing state-of-the-art tools and techniques.
- Strong programming experience. We primarily write in Ruby, so experience here is beneficial, but any language is good as long as you’re willing to learn.
- Knowledge of a web framework, be it Django, Rails, Sinatra etc and how it can be used to implement a RESTful API.
- Knowledge of RDBMSs such as Postgres or Mysql and SQL to run queries against them.
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Able to communicate clearly. Programming isn’t just about writing code, it’s about being able to communicate ideas with your team, customers and the machine itself.
- Keen desire to learn. We are constantly aiming to improve our work and ourselves, by constantly learning we are able to do this.
- Self motivated. Even if a decision turns out to be wrong, this is better than being indecisive. Trying and learning from failures is hugely valuable.
- Knowing when to ask for help. Try for as long as you can but if you get stuck, ask for help. Your teammates are here to support you and your development.
- Critical thinking. Be able to base decisions on the information available, not just blindly accepting solutions without investigation.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented designs patterns is a big plus as is Test Driven Development and other mainstream programming paradigms.
- Knowledge of AWS systems such as Redshift, Aurora, Lambda etc.
- Knowledge of API design patterns, HATEOS, REST, RPC etc and can explain the advantages and disadvantages.
- Prior experience in working on high traffic API based services.
- Knowledge of Devops skills such as AWS, Terraform etc, CI/CD.
- Very competitive compensation package
- Provision of RSU
- 20+ days of paid leave