Unscene just completed a pre-seed round with East Ventures (Japanese announcement). Our mission is to empower organizations to deliver delightful customer experience in the real world, through communication. Our upcoming product, Unscene Support is an industry first Customer Support Platform designed for tangible products such as home appliances and furnitures.
Our response to COVID-19
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re working fully remotely. However, once things return to normalcy we will be working from our office in Tokyo, with remote being one day a week. So we’re looking for someone who is either already based in Tokyo, or can relocate here once things settle down.
About the position
As a senior software engineer, you are expected to lead our engineering efforts to design, develop and launch Unscene Support.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain complex systems and/or components.
- Improve and iterate using the agile process.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership on multi-component systems.
- Offer technical leadership or mentorship to junior engineers.
- 7+ years of software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages such as Java, C/C++, C#, Objective C, Python, or Go.
- Experience leading development and operation of large-scale service with thousands of users or more.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in spoken and written English.
- Experience building infrastructure on cloud platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure.
- Experience, in building chatbots or other systems with conversational user interfaces.
- Experience of building games or AR/VR products, or working with game engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine.
- Experience working with two or more general purpose programming languages, and interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Working proficiency and communication skills in spoken and written Japanese.
3.6 to 6 million yen, and a 3% to 15% equity stake.