At Unscene, we are working hard to make sharing ideas in 3D simple for anyone. Unscene is simple and intuitive web based 3D presentation tool. Users, especially from the manufacturing industry, use Unscene to create sales and promotion materials, manuals and work instructions, all in 3D! If you haven’t already, check out these slides to learn more about us.
So far, over 400+ companies have pre-registered for Unscene. We are currently running a closed beta program with 15 companies.
We have raised a few hundred thousand dollars from East Ventures. East Ventures has a successful track record of investing in start ups such as Mercari, BizReach, Base, SmartHR among others in Japan, as well as Tokopedia and Traveloka in Indonesia.
- Almost all information is shared openly — including our cap-table, cashflow, notes from customer interviews etc.
- We give, as well as deal with honest feedbacks from our colleagues (even the hard ones).
- The culture of ‘honest feedbacks’ is built on the foundation of all of us remaining humble, respectful and trusting each other’s abilities.
- Make something people want
- Technology is cool, but we exist to build products that our users love and find valuable.
- We find the most efficient and quickest ways to validate our assumptions, ideas and solutions.
Our Hiring Process
- We will do a one hour call to make sure that we are on the same page.
- Next we will conduct two rounds of technical interviews, and a culture-fit interview (one hour each).
- After this, we preferably like to work with you on a project for at least two weeks. (of course, we’d pay you for your time). Often working together for a bit is a great way to determine whether there’s a good match as future teammates and it can give you a lot of transparency.
Our response to COVID-19
Due to COVID-19 related uncertainties, we prefer to work with someone who is already here in Japan.
Though we usually work from our office in Shibuya, due to COVID-19 emergency declaration in Tokyo, we offer the flexibility to work either from office or from your home, depending on your choice. Prototyping a product like Unscene, as well as a building a company culture requires frequent feedback and communication, which is hard to do remotely. After the emergency declaration is lifted, we will be working from our office mostly. You will still have the flexibility of working remotely on one or two days a week.
About the position
We are actively looking for an engineer to join our early 3 person team.
What you will do
- Work with the product team to understand user goals and design product features.
- Turn product needs into technical design and implement it.
- Provide technical feedback to the product team.
- Work full stack, although initially the bulk of the work is expected to be on the front end.
- If you join us, you will be an early team member in helping shape our future company culture, engineering practices, people we want to hire, and the direction and focus of our products.
Required technical skills
- Experience of building web product with tens of thousands of users.
- Experience of web or native UI development, with preference for complex web UI.
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Dedication to code quality, performance and continuous improvement.
We want to work with people who feel passionate about our mission and share our values.
What is your tech stack?
Our current prototype is built using the following. This is likely to change as the product evolves.
- Front-end: React, Bablyon.js
- Back-end: Java, Kotlin
- Infra: Google Cloud Platform
How my role will evolve as the company grows?
As the company grows, you will have the option to either take up executive or managerial roles, or continue on the track of individual contributor as a senior engineer or tech lead. (depending on your skills and goals.)
Is Japanese language a requirement?
Japanese is not required, but preferred. All written communication is done in English.