WealthPark provides digital solutions that promote business efficiency to Property Managers. Our service is widely used by many Property Managers both domestically and abroad. In addition, WealthPark Mobile App, an effective communication tool between Property Managers and its customers (property investors), is currently available in four languages (Japanese, English, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese) and serves 14 countries/regions. Our team consists of 96 members with diverse experience related to real estate, investment banking, consulting, manufacturing, e-commerce, and so forth. Approximately half of them are foreign nationals from 12 different countries.
90% of our engineers are non-Japanese
As a highly international engineering team, we communicate in English, and have no Japanese language requirements for most of our engineering positions. We also accept candidates from overseas looking to relocate to Japan.
Our response to COVID-19
ＷealthPark is currently working completely remotely. However, should employees choose to come into the office, they are not prohibted from doing so. Most engineers work remotely, but sometimes they come to the office.
No decision has been made yet about what will happen after COVID-19. However, we believe that offline communication is important, so it’s likely in the future employees will need to be in the office at least some of the time.
We generally conduct a series of three interviews. In addition to these interviews, we may arrange opportunities for casual conversations with team members.
About the position
As our business has expanded, the number of engineers has also rapidly increased. With this scaling comes new organizational challenges, and we’re looking for an Engineering Manager to help overcome them by building organizational structures, creating opportunities for engineers to be more active, and contributing to the execution of engineering, products, and business.
What you will do
- Build organizational structures and systems, and solve organizational issues.
- Set goals, perform evaluation, and collect feedback, as well as help to build the system to do so.
- Recruit great engineers in collaboration with our VP and HR team.
- Design Squad structure with VP and Agile Coach and PM. We believe that the unit and definition of Squad will vary depending on the organization and business situation. Domain, project, product, and so on.
- Act as a contact point for the engineering side in squads and handle the necessary communication with PM and business side.
- Compile technical liabilities and improvement plans for the engineering organization and make Technical Roadmap with VPs.
- Experience managing a multicultural team
- Experience hiring engineers (application screening, interviewing, etc.)
- Experience in the evaluation and follow-up of engineers (evaluation interviews, target setting, career advice, 1on1, etc.)
- Strong experience in at least one of the following:
- Backend: Design, development, and operation of APIs using PHP or Ruby