WealthPark provides digital solutions that promote business efficiency to Property Managers. Our service is widely used by many Property Managers both domestically and abroad. In addition, WealthPark Mobile App, an effective communication tool between Property Managers and its customers (property investors), is currently available in four languages (Japanese, English, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese) and serves 14 countries/regions. Our team consists of 96 members with diverse experience related to real estate, investment banking, consulting, manufacturing, e-commerce, and so forth. Approximately half of them are foreign nationals from 12 different countries.
90% of our engineers are non-Japanese
As a highly international engineering team, we communicate in English, and have no Japanese language requirements for most of our engineering positions. We also accept candidates from overseas looking to relocate to Japan.
Our response to COVID-19
ＷealthPark is currently working completely remotely. However, should employees choose to come into the office, they are not prohibted from doing so. Most engineers work remotely, but sometimes they come to the office.
No decision has been made yet about what will happen after COVID-19. However, we believe that offline communication is important, so it’s likely in the future employees will need to be in the office at least some of the time.
We generally conduct a series of three interviews. In addition to these interviews, we may arrange opportunities for casual conversations with team members.
About the position
As the Lead Backend Engineer, you’ll create an organization where tasks and project status are shared with transparently. You’ll lead backend teams to create a culture where each team can take ownership while promoting information sharing and cooperation. You’ll also constantly consider the balance between the time required for system improvements versus that used to deliver new functionality.
Other tasks will include
- Brainstorm with Product Managers, Designers, Backend, and Frontend Engineers to build new features, architectures.
- Maintain and improve existing products.
- Develop a new API with modern technology.
- Conduct code reviews, and make technical contributions to product architecture as well as get involved in solving bugs and delivering small features
- Make culture backend engineers can write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Improve product quality, security, and performance
- Generate and implement process improvements
- Sharing of information necessary for members to exercise a higher quality of autonomy
- Contribute to the sense of psychological safety on your team
- Hold regular 1:1’s with all members of their team
- Give regular and clear feedback around the individual’s performance
- 7+ years of building software development experience
- 2+ Experience of development by Go
- 2+ years of engineering management experience building productive, high functioning teams. You can describe why these teams were high functioning and what you specifically did to ensure engineers felt productive
- Experience with programming languages — e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby, Scala
- Experience in web API development
- Experience using NoSQL(e.g MongoDB)
- Experience in designing tables and queries of RDBMS
- Experience using Continuous Integration systems (e.g. GitLab CI, Jenkins)
- Experience using Docker and containerized architectures (e.g. Kubernetes).
- Be able to lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- Deep understanding of OAuth and open id connect
- Experience running and maintaining a variety of cloud infrastructure especially AWS
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experience in event-driven architecture with microservices
- Experience in real estate or Fintech-related products
9,000,000 - 11,000,000 JPY annually.