Wizcorp is a Tokyo-based game development company with a strong international culture. They are looking for developers to join their company, and are open to relocating developers to Tokyo.
While their main focus is centered around HTML5 games, they use and produce a wide variety of technologies and tools for multiple platforms. They take pride in technical ingenuity and excellence, and love sharing their passion for engineering in the Open Source community.
The Wizcorp culture is founded on self-management, continuous education, opportunity for everyone and transparency in management and direction. While they believe they have built successful processes over the years, they are always looking to improve how they develop products and operate as a business.
Here are some of the other benefits of working at Wizcorp:
- Health insurance
- Commute travel expenses
- Visa & administrative support
- Japanese & English language lessons
- Additional summer/winter vacations
- Yearly medical check-up
- 5 days/year of paid sick leaves
- Relaxation space filled with consoles and board games
- A great variety of free tea and fresh water!
Wizcorp engineers are required to be proficient in English, have at least a basic level of Japanese and a willingness to learn, and be elligible to work in Japan (e.g., having a Bachelor's degree).
About the position
With the development team, you will take part in game production. You will analyse, develop and integrate new game features, as well as evolve existing features. You will participate in maintenance and bug fixing. As well as work on continuous integration systems, server operation and releases.
Wizcorp is looking for talented problem solvers who:
- Enjoy challenges
- Enjoy self-improvement
- Are self-learners and self-managed
- Have good communication skills
- Strive to be positive and constructive team players
- Like to work on a wide variety of projects
- Are interested in video games
- Have rigorous and proactive attitude
It would be also appreciated if you:
- Have an understanding of continuous integration
- Have a good command of unit and integration tests
- Have a good understanding of Ankama games (Dofus, Wakfu, Dofus Touch…)