Wizcorp is a Tokyo-based game development company with a strong international culture. They are looking for developers to join their company, and are open to relocating developers to Tokyo.
While their main focus is centered around HTML5 games, they use and produce a wide variety of technologies and tools for multiple platforms. They take pride in technical ingenuity and excellence, and love sharing their passion for engineering in the Open Source community.
The Wizcorp culture is founded on self-management, continuous education, opportunity for everyone and transparency in management and direction. While they believe they have built successful processes over the years, they are always looking to improve how they develop products and operate as a business.
Here are some of the other benefits of working at Wizcorp:
- Health insurance
- Commute travel expenses
- Visa & administrative support
- Japanese & English language lessons
- Additional summer/winter vacations
- Yearly medical check-up
- 5 days/year of paid sick leaves
- Relaxation space filled with consoles and board games
- A great variety of free tea and fresh water!
Wizcorp engineers are required to be proficient in English, have at least a basic level of Japanese and a willingness to learn, and be elligible to work in Japan (e.g., having a Bachelor's degree).
About the position
Wizcorp is looking for Game Back-end Developers with good experience of Node.js to join their team.
In this role, you will be asked to:
- Analyze product specification, comment and suggest improvement on them wherever possible
- According to specifications, develop the server-side code
- Assist front-end engineers in their use of the developed features
- In collaboration with server ops, analyze production data, identify errors and bottlenecks and work on optimizing and fixing issues
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiar with network protocols
- Second programming language (Java, Python, C/C++/ObjC, C#, Perl, Go, PHP, Ruby, etc.)
- Git knowledge
- Experience with Gitlab CI and CI/CD in general
- Experience with smartphone and/or social game development
- Additional languages