Wizcorp is a Tokyo-based game development company focused on providing complete development services (including early conceptualization, design, production and LiveOps). Wizcorp aims at creating game experiences that are always pushing the limits of what’s possible.
We do this by:
- Telling memorable stories through highly entertaining games
- Growing a team of highly motivated staff members dedicated to the ideal of better games
- Defining and continuously improving processes to make high-quality games
- Sharing our knowledge and processes with our partners and the rest of the game industry
For Wizcorp, making games is about doing what we love and having fun doing it. We are looking for people who are driven to create amazing player experiences by pushing the games industry further.
We offer a stimulating, international working environment in which knowledge is shared to foster personal and professional development.
Our response to COVID-19
We have implemented a working from home policy during the current pandemic and for the foreseeable future. However due to certain business requirements we still have engineers that are required to go to the office from time to time.
In these cases we expect anyone in the office to respect the rules that have been set out. For example social distancing, not holding meetings with any clients face to face, and making sure to wash your hands regularly. We also provide face masks for people travelling to the office and there is hand sanitiser located before entering the office.
Due to travel restrictions we prefer local candidates, but we’re happy to interview candidates who are willing to relocate. A lot of our hires have been international in the past so we are quite experienced with this.
About the position
Wizcorp is looking for Game Back-end Developers with good experience of Node.js to join their team.
In this role, you will be asked to:
- Analyze product specification, comment and suggest improvement on them wherever possible
- According to specifications, develop the server-side code
- Assist front-end engineers in their use of the developed features
- In collaboration with server ops, analyze production data, identify errors and bottlenecks and work on optimizing and fixing issues
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiar with network protocols
- Second programming language (Java, Python, C/C++/ObjC, C#, Perl, Go, PHP, Ruby, etc.)
- Git knowledge
- Experience with Gitlab CI and CI/CD in general
- Experience with smartphone and/or social game development
- Additional languages